Table of Contents
Updated by tune
Proper cleaning is important to preserve function and appearance of your tune components as long as possible. This article explains what to consider during cleaning.
What should be considered during cleaning?
If the components are used regularly, regular cleaning is also recommended. We recommend cleaning after each ride. Use under special conditions (rain, high temperatures, winter with road salt) may require particularly thorough cleaning to avoid damage.
For cleaning we recommend the following cleaners and tools:
- Water - warm if needed (<55°C/<131°F).
- Mild cleaner - Check compatibility with the component on a non-visible area before further use!
- Sponge or microfiber cloth.
- Possibly compressed air for drying.
What is the procedure for cleaning?
- Wet the component to be cleaned generously with water to wash off coarse dirt.
- Apply cleaner and allow to act according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Rinse off cleaner generously. If necessary, repeat application and rinsing until surface is completely cleaned.
- Depending on the geometry of the component, the use of a sponge or microfiber cloth can be helpful in removing dirt. Be careful not to damage the surface through adhering dirt particles on the sponge or cloth.
- After cleaning, the component should be dried to avoid water spots and corrosion. Compressed air or a dry, soft cloth are suitable for drying.
Following these cleaning instructions will ensure the proper function of your tune components and preserve their appearance.